2015-16 SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS:
Please remember, with all 10 SECHC teams now in 1-Division, all SECHC games still tied after regulation play and the 5-minute OT will go to a 3-Player Shootout. Games will be reported to the ACHA as a Tie for D3 south rankings purposes, but recorded as a Win or Loss in the SECHC standings.
- Abolish the two division format, place all 10-SECHC D3 teams (Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Tennessee) into 1-division.
- Each team will be required to play a minimum of 6 SECHC games. Teams are free to select which SECHC teams to schedule. You may play another SECHC team multiple times, but only 2 games vs. another SECHC team will count in the SECHC standings. Must play at least 4 different SECHC teams. Any combination that adds up to 6-games is fine; all games will also count for the ACHA D3 South Rankings.
- We will create our own internal SECHC rankings committee, all 10-teams will assign one individual to review game results and to rank the SECHC teams from #1 to #10. The commissioner will send out updated game results and a voting sheet every 2-weeks to the SECHC Coaches Poll members. We will post our own “SECHC Coaches Poll” every 2-weeks during the regular season. Final poll will be posted 2-weeks prior to the scheduled SECHC Playoffs. Top 8-teams qualify for the SECHC Playoffs. (Teams finishing #9 & #10 will be elevated up one position if any SECHC team is removed from the ACHA D3 South rankings and/or SECHC standings for any reason)
- SECHC Playoff’s format shall be: FRIDAY – Pool A, 1 vs. 8 and 4 vs. 5. Pool B, 2 vs. 7 and 3 vs. 6.
- SATURDAY – Two Highest losing seeds play for 5th place; two remaining losing seeds play for 7th place. The winner of 1 vs. 8 plays the winner of 4 vs. 5 in One Semifinals and the winner of 2 vs. 7 plays the winner of 3 vs. 6 in the Second Semifinals game.
- SUNDAY – Two losing teams from Semifinals play for 3rd place. Two winning teams from Semifinals play for the SECHC Championship.
- All official SECHC games that count for the SECHC standings must be completed during the weekend of two weeks prior to the SECHC Playoffs. Example: 2016 SECHC Playoffs are scheduled for 5-6-7 February, 2016. All official SECHC games must be completed by the weekend of 22-23-24 January 2016; this allows for proper advertisement/marketing, completion of rink lobby bracket boards, Twitter and Facebook campaigns, etc.
|*** NOTE ***||SECHC teams may play each other the weekend of 29-30-31 January 2016, but those games will not count for the final SECHC standings. Schedules must be adjusted accordingly.|
Kenneth “Sarge” Day
Commissioner – SECHC
U.S. Army, Master Sergeant, Retired